International Accessibility Task Force is an open-to-everyone community of: assistive technology users, open-source developers, and people interested in accessibility and inclusion.
In this community, users and developers work as a team. The assistive technology users can request to code a tool to the developers, and developers might create a workgroup to develop an open-source solution to fulfill the request.
We have three principles:
- Be kind to yourself and others.
- Only one project at once (applies to all users).
- Only code under GPL License (applies to all developers)
Purpose of the principles:
- Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and should treat others the same way.
- We would love for the requested projects to end in a final product that all the community can use for free. This rule prevents a user start several projects without finishing them first.
- We want to promote accessible open-source projects, and the GPL license guarantees that our projects are for all the community, free to use.
We use discord to communicate between members. Discord is an accessible, friendly place to chat on the internet. If you would like to join our Discord server and join the cause, you might use the following link: international accessibility task force discord server.
All the best,
The Admin Team ❤️.